Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Morning Health Tips....How much sugar do you take?


I was talking about healthy diet with my colleagues at office and figured out that lot of us take unwanted sugar which is very harmful for our health.

Infect when I researched it online, the numbers I found were shocking

How much is just right?
The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends limiting the amount of added sugars you consume to no more than half of your daily discretionary calories allowance.

For most American women, that’s no more than 100 calories per day, or about 6 teaspoons of sugar.
For men, it’s 150 calories per day, or about 9 teaspoons.

The AHA recommendations focus on all added sugars, without singling out any particular types such as high-fructose corn syrup.

Source : Sugars and Carbohydrates

I'm pretty sure that not many of us would even bother to read into what we eat everyday, let alone do we even look at the calories or nutritional facts of the food that we consume.

So, overall about 40 grams of sugar is considered good for men. I can see myself eating nearly 35 gms just in my avg breakfast

Amount of sugar in my coffee : (every morning and evening)

Whole Milk 1 cup - 12 gms
Sugar added to coffee 2 spoons - 8 gms

OMG, that's just 40 gms that I can consume just with 2 cups of coffee in a day. Everything else is extra sugar

Do you guys eat healthy food?

No comments:

Worlds Updates

Add to Google